LAZY TP RANCH
The Lazy TP Ranch is the idyllic and unabridged Montana Ranch holding spanning 10,906+/- total acres of diversified landscapes in the highly desired Jefferson River Valley of Southwest Montana. Over 4+ miles of the Jefferson River flows through the ranch, that teems with wildlife and gives access to excellent private fishing along with outstanding waterfowl, upland bird, and whitetail deer hunting.
The ranch has abundant live water & diverse landscapes that support healthy numbers of elk, deer, antelope and turkey. From the flourishing river bottom, the ranch transitions into 1,390+/- irrigated acres watered by 13 pivots that produce over 5,000 tons of hay annually endowed by massive senior Jefferson River surface water rights and Parrot Ditch Company shares. These hay meadows then give way to mountain foothills and climb into the Tobacco Root Mountains. The ranch has 4+ miles of National Forest boundary.The Lazy TP Ranch can support 500-800 Animal Units depending on management strategies such as intensive grazing of irrigated ground, or the choice to maximize hay production. The ranch has state of the art steel cattle handling facilities and a 1800 hd capacity feedlot. In recent years, Lazy TP Ranch has been running bison and cattle and selling excess hay annually. Conveniently located 5 minutes form Whitehall, 45 minutes to Bozeman/Yellowstone International Airport, and 60 minutes to downtown Bozeman. In many ways, Lazy TP Ranch is a multifaceted masterpiece.
- Acreage 10,906+/-, deeded 10,262+/-, state of MT lease 644+/-
- 1,390+/- irrigated acres, 13 pivots, 1 wheel line
- 4+ miles of the Jefferson River, 4+ miles of National Forest boundary
- Customized steel fenced cattle handling facilities paired with feedlots, a horse barn,a calving barn, a scale house, and multiple machine shops
- 3 comfortable houses along with a 7bd hunting camp
- Outstanding whitetail, elk, waterfowl, and upland bird hunting partnered with private fishing
- Commercial and private air service is 45 minutes away at the Bozeman/YellowstoneInternational Airport, private air service is offered 20 minutes away in Butte