Online bidding begins March 15 and runs through March 21 for more than 6,000 acres of Northern Kansas farmland. The Decatur County land, offered in seven, almost entirely contiguous tracts, includes 231 pivot-irrigated acres, 2,120 dryland acres, and 3,701 grass acres.
Two buildings on the property are outfitted for machinery or product storage.
AgWest Land Brokers is handling the online auction of the productive cropland farm and cattle ranch, which also has potential as a sports or hunting property.
The property’s unnamed seller “has worked over 40 years to put this outstanding farm and ranch together,” said Jeff Moon, the AgWest Land broker overseeing the auction.
The land lies close to Highway 83 very near the Kansas-Nebraska border. All mineral rights owned by the seller, if any, will convey to the buyer(s).
Interest Expected to Be High
Rarely does a farm of this size come to market at public auction. As a result, interest in the property has been strong.
Moon said he’s already received calls about the property from local landowners as well as prospective buyers from across the US.
“We anticipate a lot of interest for this property because of the quality of non-irrigated cropland the farm offers and the large tracts of hardland grass that are available to buy at auction,” Moon added.
Productive Ag Potential
The income-producing farm offers large pastures with ample water sources, making it an ideal option for cattle production. The property also includes both irrigated and non-irrigated cropland that has been used to grow wheat, milo, and corn, Moon said.
Attractive Wildlife Habitat
Featuring creek frontage along Beaver Creek, the land is an attractive habitat for mule deer, whitetail deer, upland birds, and turkey. “It’s an outstanding opportunity for outdoor enthusiasts looking for a great hunting property,” Moon said.
Bidding will take place online at Bid.AgWestLand.com. The auction will start to soft close at 11 am Central Time on March 21. The farm will be offered in seven individual tracts, with no combinations allowed.
- Tract 1 includes 754 total acres, including 99 non-irrigated cropland acres, 67 irrigated cropland acres, and 587 native grass acres
- Tract 2 includes 491 total acres, including 369 non-irrigated cropland acres and 121 native grass acres
- Tract 3 includes 85 total acres, including 74 non-irrigated cropland acres and nearly 10 native grass acres
- Tract 4 includes 617 total acres, including 347 non-irrigated cropland acres, 86 irrigated cropland acres, and 182 native grass acres
- Tract 5 includes 620 total acres, including 429 non-irrigated cropland acres and 190 native grass acres
- Tract 6 includes 1,522 total acres, including 448 non-irrigated cropland acres and 1,073 native grass acres
- Tract 7 includes 1,962 total acres, including 350 non-irrigated cropland acres, 77 irrigated cropland acres, and 1,534 native grass acres
More details about the property can be found on the AgWest Land Brokers’ website.